Sharjah Municipality simplifies the way of using this service, where Etisalat and du users that had U.A.E private plate numbers can use this service without registration. GCC countries and non-private plate numbers need to register with the smsParking service. As soon as the account is activated, a user can add multiple vehicles to his account for which he can pay the parking fees through the mobile by sending an SMS.
Also, registration is available for all U.A.E private and non-private plate numbers and GCC countries.(Register Now)
A pre-defined format is required to be sent to the number 5566 and motorist will receive the parking virtual permit details via SMS. Motorist will receive a Reminder message 10 minutes before the permit expires.
1. smsParking service is available for Etisalat and DU registered mobile numbers. If motorist has a pre-paid (i.e. Pay as you go) mobile number, then he should ensure having sufficient balance to purchase the virtual permit or else he will be receiving an error message highlighting "Transaction Failed".
2. Users with non-private or GCC countries plate numbers needs to register in order to be able to use the smsParking service. (Register Now)
3. For a motorist to purchase a virtual permit using the mobile phone, he need to send an SMS in the exact format as illustrated in the user guide below. Wrong message format will lead to rejection of the transaction.
4. User will be charged a transaction fee of 38 fils for each SMS sent to 5566.
5. Purchasing a parking ticket and Extension is available only for one hour. In case of user didn’t mention the one hour tariff then the smsParking system will automatically calculate the same tariff (1 hour) as a default and the user will be charged accordingly.
This service is available without registration for all private plate numbers that are licensed and registered in one of the seven emirates of U.A.E. and by following the steps below:
Send an SMS to the number 5566 in the following format:
Plate source<space>Plate numberNote :
Example: Shj 5215
Example: A Shj 5215
(Note: Arabic users need to type A as the first word in order to receive the response in Arabic.)
Second; you will receive a confirmation message which includes your virtual permit details. Please do not delete this message.
Note: Please do not delete this message.
If you want to extend for another hour, then send “Y” to 5566.
You will receive a message confirming your extension:
1. Personal subscription for all areas of Sharjah city (for individuals): it gives the subscriber the right to park in all public parking spots in Sharjah city.
2. Personal subscription for two specific areas (for individuals): it gives the subscriber the right to parking in two selected areas.
3. Business subscription for all areas of Sharjah city (for businesses): it gives the subscriber the right to park in all public parking spots in Sharjah city.
4. Business subscription for two specific areas (for businesses): it gives the subscriber the right to parking in two selected areas.